What do you think of the resource based economy

Democracy - Governments - Finance - Poverty - Employment - Infrastructures - War
Socrates

What do you think of the resource based economy

Post by Socrates » Sat May 04, 2019 3:27 pm

I know it has flaws but it seems to me like its solving many issues what do you guys think?
Jako

Re: What do you think of the resource based economy

Post by Jako » Sat May 04, 2019 3:30 pm

What do you mean by resource based economy?
Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat May 04, 2019 3:51 pm

Haven't you seen zeitgeist and the venus project? Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EkMjTnWk14

The idea is to use technology and automation to eliminate scarcity for basic needs. Everyone would have access to basic needs including food, housing, education, health care, etc..
Nelson
Site Admin

Post by Nelson » Sat May 04, 2019 3:56 pm

I think we are so not there yet... Imagine what it would require to shift all the structures of society towards what is shown in that link. Just for the political will, its unattainable.

I like the idea, but from where we are today, we need to go towards more reachable solutions.
Socrates

Post by Socrates » Sat May 04, 2019 4:03 pm

Maybe shifting the whole economy is a stretch but there are useful concepts like autonomous building that would provide cheap housing for everyone, autonomous farming, etc.

The goal of the RBE revolves around improving the quality of life of the people.
Jako

Post by Jako » Sat May 04, 2019 4:07 pm

The ultimate role of all institutions of society should be to provide the best quality of life for the people, develop every person to its maximum potential, in best health possible. But that isn't the case isn't it
Nelson
Site Admin

Post by Nelson » Sat May 04, 2019 4:31 pm

Jako brings a good point about institutions. I think they are oriented towards self-conservationism more than human well being. I mean, institutions are there to make the system work.

The financial institution is there to make money work
The education institution is there to form people for jobs that will make the weel turn (not that much for education)
The political institution is there for what.. trying to satisfy corporations and wealthy people as much as possible without upsetting the masses

So if one thing can be used from the RBE concept, it is to orient society towards the well being of citizens, and not merely self-perpetuation.
Jako

Post by Jako » Sat May 04, 2019 4:43 pm

We are already using automation for housing. Can't find the link right now but I think it was in china, they would send a drone to Survey the land, then a truck would come in and pump cement 3d printing style.

Edit

Here is a link on housing 3d printing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nH-zpnoNLEU

They can print a house in 24 hours!